Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

My Horses and farm


Duke (right) and Duchess (left)
 I live on a dairy farm with my parents and 2 sisters. We milk about 30 cows, have about 20 heifers, 2 sheep, 2 pigs, 2 horses, 3 dogs, 40 chickens, and too many cats. I own some of the cows and heifers because I used to show cows and after I'd show a cow I would then own her. We do not have any bulls on the farm unless they are newborn calves, but we sell them shortly after they are born. My family shares the dogs, sheep, pigs, and cats. I own the two horses, their names are Lady and Lily. Lily is Lady's daughter, Lily was born March 11, 2012 so she has just recently turned a yearling. Lady is about 12 years old, and has had 3 other foals, which I do not own. Lily is about half Appaloosa (which is my favorite type of horse) and truthfully I do not know what the other half is, since I do not know what her mother is. I also do not know who Lily's father was because I bought Lady when she was already pregnant. I used to own  2 Clydesdale's, their names were Duke and Duchess and they were half brother and sister. When I got them they were in their mid 20's so they were very old. So I owned them for about 10 years then they pasted away. So now I just have Lily and Lady and I hope to get more horses.
My Farm

    

No comments:

Post a Comment